• Fire dampers prevents fire and smoke propagation through the air ducts of ventilation and air conditioning system in case of fire.
• Mounted in the ventilation ducts laid through fireproof walls and ceilings.
• Consists of a galvanized steel casing (1), blades from insulation material(calcium silicate) and fireproof material (2), thermic release mechanism (3) activated at 700C, silicone seal (4) and spring (5).
• The fire damper is open while operation.
• In case of fire the thermo element melts at 700C and the spring moves the blade to closed position.
Fire Resistance and Classification
• Fire damper’s basic fire resistance is EI 120-S.
Types of Fire Dampers
• PL-10-1 circular fire dampers only with manual-spring actuators for spring ducts
• PL-10-2 circular fire dampers with manual-spring or electric actuators for spiral ducts.
• Dn = 100, 125, 150, 160, 180, 200 mm.
Standard Lengths of PL-10
• The standard length of PL-10-1 … L = 170 mm.
• The standard length of PL-10-2 … L = 300 mm.
• Install the fire damper in such a way so that the release mechanism and inspection hole are on the side off the wall or ceiling for easy inspection of the thermic release mechanism and its internal part.
• Building the damper into brick and concrete walls or gypsum plates with the relevant fire resistance rating is allowed.
• To preserve the casing shape during mounting use wooden supports to prevent possible casing deformation and remove them after the final mounting.
• Warning!!! Do not install the fire dampers in high-explosive environment or in ventilation systems designed for exhaust of explosive air-gas mixtures.